Patrick Henry Apartments, Newport News, VA
To meet time constraints on a project requiring installation of 158 site lights at a newly constructed apartment complex in Newport News, Watson Electrical Construction chose the A.B. Chance Instant Foundation system. Chance luminaire foundations, specifically designed for above-grade and on-grade mounting for parking areas and site lighting, required no concrete and no advance site preparation. The job was easily completed on time and on budget.
- T112-0672 A.B. CHANCE Lighting Foundation
- 6.63-in. pipe 48-in long, capped with 12-in. square steel plate with 8-14' diameter bolt circle where pole base is mounted
- No concrete required.
- No advance site preparation.
- Ideal for areas with limited access.
- Installs with available equipment, vehicles.
- Clean - no spoils and no excavation removal.
General - Installing Contractor
- Watson Electrical Construction, Virginia Division
- A.B. CHANCE Instant Foundation System was the electrical contractor's choice for time savings and installation efficiency. The steel anchor of each luminaire foundation was screwed into place by hydraulic rotary equipment mounted onto basic construction vehicles. A cableway, precut in the pipeshaft, assured fast and easy wiring. Chance has perfected their pre-engineered lighting systems to assure "on-trip" convenience.